1. How did I feel during planning this presentation? Why did I feel this way?
I felt overwhelmed by the presentation and slightly pathetic in the group. By the time I was done with what I was doing, most of the group debate questions were already answered and I did little to nothing on the questions. I then took two days after I was supposed to finish my slides to complete them.
2. How did I feel prior to presenting? Why did I feel this way?
Before I started to present, I started to feel distressed, fearing that I might stumble upon my own words in front of the audience, making a fool out of myself.
3. How did I feel while I was presenting? Why did I feel this way?
While I was presenting, I became nervous and alert, trying hard to think ahead and fix my mistakes before I made them. I’m pretty sure that I failed to do so, constantly stuttering and trying to remember the mental script I made.
4. What did I personally do well?
I think that I personally did well on my slides and how they transitioned through the debate.
5. What did not go as desired in this presentation?
I believe the presentation didn’t go very well overall; there were tech issues in the middle of presenting, stuttering and forgetting our lines brought down the presentation, and there was not as much content in the slides as I hoped.
6. On a scale from 1-10, how well do I think I understood the content? Explain.
I personally think I do not understand the concept very well, but I have memorized a decent amount on the topic, so I would give myself about a 5.
7. How do I think my group members perceived me? Why do I think this?
I believe my group would see me as slightly lazy, considering that I did not do much to help our presentation.
8. How do I think the 8th graders perceived me? Why do I think this?
I think that the 8th grade DLC students would see me as a nervous wreck that knew little on the subject that makes stick figures rather than studying.
9. Knowing that I can only control how I act and react, if I could do this presentation again, what would I change about my actions to make it a more ideal experience?
If I could redo this, I would attempt to contribute more to the group, add more content to my slides, and go through my presentation more to avoid any mistakes in my speaking.
10. What are my strengths in groups?
My strengths in the group are mainly working on the animations, which are mainly working on stick figures.
11. What areas do I need improvement?
In my opinion, I really need to work on organizing tasks done on time so I will not let my group down. I also need improvement on my public speaking.
12. What is the most important thing I learned about myself? Why is this so important?
I think that it’s really important that I found out about my uncontrollable ability to procrastinate. This is important because I have now learned how to control it better and I found new ways to manage tasks better.
13. Are there any other things that I need to express?
I am unsurprised that I did not do a good job on the presentation, and I saw that I would not work well with the group from start to finish.